The Water Efficiency Rating Score (WERS)® is a third-party verified tool that is used to predict water use for new and existing properties. The Program was codified in the City of Santa Fe as of October 27, 2016. WERS currently utilizes spreadsheet technology for implementation. When the web-based app is fully programmed, there will be an online version for WERS Consultants & design teams, and a field application for WERS Verifiers. The online version for design teams will not require as much initial information to generate a preliminary WERS. What we present on this site is the data collection necessary for the Verifier.
- Potential financial incentives: Reduced tap and/or storm water impact fees
- Tax credits: Cited in rules for compliance in the NM Sustainable Building Tax Credit
- Support of codes, regulations, and enforcement: Incorporated into the Santa Fe Residential Green Building Code (SFRGBC); code compliance option for City of Santa Barbara (CA) multifamily properties
- Green Building Programs: Transitioning to be performance option for water efficiency criteria in Built Green Canada; generic version of WERS incorporated into 2020 National Green Building Standard for single-family and multifamily properties
- Long term conservation of a precious and essential resource
About Green Builder® Coalition
The Green Builder® Coalition is a not-for-profit association dedicated to amplifying the voice of green builders and professionals to drive advocacy, information and education for more sustainable home building practices. We are an action-oriented community of green builders and professionals dedicated to uniting and growing our joint expertise, values and voice to create stronger standards for sustainable, more environmentally responsible home building. For more information, visit www.greenbuildercoalition.org.
About Santa Fe Area Home Builders Association
As a local Home Builders Association in one of America’s most progressive and green-focused communities, SFAHBA proudly reflects its local demographic and constantly pushes the envelope in re-imagining the built environment. With national lab scientists, world-renowned artists, and indigenous cultures going back centuries and millennia, Santa Fe builders have many sources of inspiration to draw upon. Their creative thinking on water, energy, and resource efficiency finds its way into the unique homes that embody “Santa Fe Style”. For more information, visit www.sfahba.com.